We may modify the Policy from time to time without prior notice. Changes to the Policy are effective as soon as we post them, unless we indicate otherwise. Your continued use of any of the Services constitutes your acceptance of any changes to the Policy.
A. Information We Collect
1. We collect information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number, for certain purposes. We may collect personal information whether you provide it on or through any of the Services or in e-mail, text, or other electronic messages between you and the Services. If you write to us for any reason, we may retain a record and copy of your correspondence, including your e-mail address.
2. Our servers may also automatically collect information regarding your usage of the Services, including, without limitation, the date and time of your visit to the Website, the pages you visit and the order in which you visit them, the browser software and operating system you use, your Internet service provider, your Internet Protocol address, the website(s) you visited before visiting the Website and the website(s) you visited after visiting the Website, and unique identifiers (including, without limitation, mobile device identification numbers that may identify the physical location of such devices).
4. To enhance our ability to serve you, to tailor our content to you, and to offer you opportunities to purchase products or services that we believe may be of interest to you, we may supplement the information that we collect about you from the sources described above with information from businesses with which we are affiliated, our business partners, and other third parties. We may combine the information that we receive from other sources with information that we collect from you, and, when we do so, we will apply this Policy to any information received from third parties, unless we have disclosed otherwise.
B. How We Use The Information We Collect
1. If you have consented to receive promotional materials (e.g., newsletters, updates about our products and services, and information concerning our affiliated businesses and our business partners and their products and services), we may use your e-mail address to send you the types of promotional materials that you have consented to receive. If you want to stop receiving such materials, you can change your profile settings, or you can opt out of, or unsubscribe from, the receipt of such e-mails at any time by following the instructions contained in those e-mails.
- a. to present the Services to you and to enable you to use certain features;
- b. to improve the Services and the products and services we offer through the Services;
- c. to customize your experience using the Services or to provide content that is most relevant to you;
- d. to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- e. to contact you regarding your use of the Services and, if applicable, your account with us;
- f. to perform our obligations, or to enforce any rights, arising from any agreements between you and us, including for billing and collection purposes;
- g. to notify you of changes to the Services or to any products or services that we offer or provide through the Services;
- h. for internal business purposes;
- i. for purposes disclosed at the time you provide your information;
- j. as otherwise set forth in the Policy; or
- k. with your consent.
3. We store any voluntarily provided e-mail we receive for archival purposes and for our own marketing purposes, if we feel that storage of the e-mail for our marketing purposes is consistent with the nature of the inquiry. We store the information that we collect from any such e-mail in a manner that is appropriate for the nature of the data collected and the need to fulfill your request. We do not share this information with third parties for their own use, unless you specifically authorize such sharing.
4. If you send someone a communication using the Services, such as sending an article to a friend, we use the information you provide regarding the recipient (including, without limitation, his or her name and e-mail address) on a one-time basis to facilitate the communication, and we do not use that information for any other purpose, unless we obtain the recipient’s consent.
5. We compile anonymous, aggregated statistics from Users for a variety of internal and marketing purposes. Such purposes include benchmarking, determining appropriate levels of hardware and numbers of employees, and reporting numbers of Users of the Services. We do not use this anonymous, aggregated data in any way that could identify an individual person or User.
C. Disclosure of Your Information
1. We may disclose anonymous, aggregated information about our Users and information that does not identify any person or User for any business purpose.
2. We may disclose the information we collect from you, including personal information, to third parties that provide us with services (such as credit card payment processing and website maintenance) to the extent necessary to provide those services. Although we will use your information only pursuant to our policies, third-party service providers may use your information pursuant to their own policies. We will seek to require all third-party service providers to whom we provide your information to follow appropriate privacy policies, and we will not authorize them to use the information we provide to them other than for the express purpose for which we provide it. However, we do not bear any responsibility for any actions or policies of any third party.
- a. to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- b. to enforce or apply our Site Terms or to perform our obligations, or to enforce any rights, arising from any agreements between you and us, including for billing and collection purposes;
- c. if required to do so to comply with any court order, law, or legal proceeding or to respond to any governmental or regulatory request;
- d. to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information that we hold about Users is among the assets transferred;
- e. if we believe that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property, or safety or that of any third party;
- f. to fulfill the purpose for which you provide your information;
- g. for purposes disclosed at the time you provide your information;
- h. as otherwise set forth in this Policy; or
- i. with your consent.
4. We may provide your information to our third-party network advertisers so that they can serve advertisements to you that may meet your needs or match your interests, and, if you have consented to receive promotional materials from our business partners, we may provide your information to them so that they can send you the types of promotional materials that you have consented to receive.
E. Third-Party Websites
F. Use of Website By Children
The Services are not intended for use by anyone under age 18. No one under age 18 is allowed to provide any personal information (including e-mail addresses) or User Generated Content. We do not knowingly collect, distribute, or share any personal information from persons under age 18. We are not under any obligation to verify that persons accessing the Services are, in fact, over 18 years of age, but, if we become aware that anyone under age 18 has provided personal information on or through the Services, we will delete such information as soon as possible under the circumstances.
We use commercially reasonable procedures to protect personal information collected on or through the Services. However, no security system is perfect and, as such, we do not guarantee the security of the Services or that your personal information will not be intercepted while being transmitted to the Services.
H. Reviewing Your Information
You may review and update your personal information by contacting us by e-mail at the address below or, if you have an account, by logging into that account.
More Questions about Anything Else Elev8d-related
We're Here for You! Just Drop Us a Note